- The Santa Barbara airport (SBA) is a 20 minute walk or 5 minute cab ride from the lab. Most of the major car rental companies have facilities on site.
- The Los Angeles international airport (LAX) is 100 miles away and can be reached by plane in 30 minutes, car in 2-4 hours (depending on traffic), or using the Santa Barbara Airbus.
- Visitor parking on campus is $8/day and located ~10 minute walk from the lab. Payment can be done by credit card in the parking lots.
- You may be able to find lodging on campus at the UCSB Faculty Club. This is in located in a quiet location within 5-10 minutes walk of the laboratory. The price in 2017 was $270/night.
- UCSB also offers accommodation at West Campus bluffs. The prices as of 2017 start at $90/night. You'll need one of us to contact them to verify you are visiting UCSB.
- The closest off-campus hotels are located in Goleta, and may have prices as low as $150 booking.com; all are sufficiently distant that a rental car is advised if you want to come and go at odd hours. Driving time 5-10 minutes.
- Nicer and more-expensive hotels are located in Santa Barbara. Driving time ~15-20 minutes.
- Low-cost food is available on campus during normal business hours.
- Additional low-cost food is available in Isla Vista, ~20 minutes walk from the lab.
- Yes, this is the nicest place on the planet. Start here for an entree to local sites.
- The cheapest possible visit is to fly into LAX, take the Airbus to Goleta, uber to campus, stay at the Faculty Club and walk to meals.
- The most time-efficient visit is to fly into SBA and stay on campus.
- The most flexible visit is to fly into SBA and stay in downtown Santa Barbara.